I’ve been getting into non-fiction books again after enjoying The Omnivore’s Dilemma, so I’ve decided to join in on the Non-Fiction Five Challenge over at Thoughts of Joy. After some deliberation I’ve chosen the following five books:
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
- The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson
- The Occupation: War and Resistance in Iraq by Patrick Cockburn
- Voices from Chernobyl: The Oral History of a Nuclear Disaster by Svetlana Aleksievich
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir by Bill Bryson
So there they are. A couple of more lighthearted books and a few heavy subjects. Hard to say which one I’m looking forward to most. I’m just excited to be participating in my first book challenge. Hopefully all goes well.