It seems that no matter how many books I am currently reading I always have a desire to start another. It is for that reason that I made a visit to the library to pick out a small stack of books. These were not just any books though, they had to meet a special requirement, they had to be under 300 pages. This is because I am already reading 2 books with another 2 scheduled to be started in the next 2 weeks for some small family book clubs. So I took a look at my TBR list, picked out all that were under 300 pages, and headed over to my local library.
I ended up carrying 6 books to the checkout counter:
- Firmin: Adventures of a Metropolitan Lowlife by Sam Savage (148 pgs)
- The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder (123 pgs)
- The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester (258 pgs)
- Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett (216 pgs)
- The Mount by Carol Emshwiller (232 pgs)
- Gotz and Meyer by David Albahari (168 pgs)
I have already finished Firmin, only took 3 days reading. And I am about to start on The Bridge of San Luis Rey. The whole idea was to have something I could finish quickly, but without really rushing through it. Seems to be working pretty well so far. I think I’ll keep this idea going, I have several more books on the “under 300 pages” list.