The rules –
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I was born with a heart murmur, which in my case meant I had a small hole in one of my valves. It closed up around the age of 12. Some children have to have surgery, but mine was small enough I didn’t have to.
2. Sticking with the medical theme: my lung collapsed when I was 20. A small bubble on my left lung popped leaving a hole for air to escape. I spent a week in the hospital recovering from the collapsed lung and the subsequent surgery.
3. My father was in the Air Force, so I guess that makes me a military brat. I was born in Texas, lived in California twice, Ohio and spent my teenage years in the Seattle area where my parents still live. I now live in Salt Lake but hope to someday make it back to Seattle.
4. I’m a bit of a recreational cyclist. I ride my bike a few days a week and will be riding in the MS 150 in June. It’s a charity ride for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. I’ll be riding a century or 100 miles.
5. I enjoy building model airplanes of the plastic variety although it’s taken a backseat to some other interests like reading lately.
6. This is my third attempt at a blog, and the first at a lit blog. My other two didn’t last much more than a week so this one is going much better.
7. I make maps for a living. Maps of Salt Lake County and all sorts of different things within the county.
8. Last, and most definitely not least, I have a beautiful wife and an adorable baby daughter.
Let’s see how many people I can tag now that haven’t already been tagged, I’m kind of new to this blogging thing so I don’t know too many bloggers yet:
Marydell at BookBlog
Tara at Books and Cooks
Kate at Kate’s Book Blog
Stephanie at So Many Books
Iliana at Book Girl’s NightStand
Well, I could only come up with 5 that haven’t already been tagged, sorry to let the “8 things” meme down… Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!