I had another record month in May. Completed a total of 10 books thanks to some shorter reads which I breezed through. Just barely missed making it 11 as I finished Cloud Atlas today. I also gave out my lowest rating of the year so far. I have now read a total of 28 books this year. Even though this is the first year I’ve kept track of what books I’ve read, I would guess that this is the most books I’ve ever read in one year. And it’s only June!
Books read in May:
- Blindness by Jose Saramago
- Killing Floor by Lee Child
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
- Firmin: Adventures in a Metropolitan Lowlife by Sam Savage
- The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder
- The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester
- Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- The Mount by Carol Emshwiller
- Being Dead by Jim Crace
I plan on focusing on reading books I own over the next couple months. My TBR shelf is completely full, I need to make some room for more books. Many of the books I own are quite lengthy so I doubt I’ll be seeing a 10 book month again anytime soon.
As I said above, I finished Cloud Atlas today, a very good book, and look forward to starting I Am Legend next.