I was pleasantly surprised retrieving the mail yesterday when I found a large box addressed to me. Of course it was my books from the Quality Paperback Book Club. I love receiving packages, it’s especially exciting when there are 7 books inside. The books, as they appear from top to bottom in the photo, are:
- What is the What by Dave Eggers – I had been wanting to buy this but I try to stay away from hardcover books to save money. QPB has a selection of early paperback release books and this was one of them so I had to choose it.
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy – After reading The Road and especially Blood Meridian, McCarthy is becoming one of my favorite authors. I’ve had my eye on this book for awhile.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – This is one of those novels I keep hearing good things about until I decide I have to get it. Hope I won’t be disappointed.
- The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien – This one is hardcover, don’t ask me what it’s doing in the Paperback club. Reviews have been mixed but, hey, it’s Tolkien…
- Giraffe by J.M. Ledgard – This is apparently another early release paperback. My sister also picked it up after I recommended it because it’s about animals, and animals are her work.
- The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue – It has been compared to Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell which I quite enjoyed. It has also been described as a “bedtime story for adults.” Intrigued?
- Black Swan Green by David Mitchell – Cloud Atlas was a fantastic book and this is the authors most recent novel. Decided I need to read more of his work.
I wanted to dive right in, start reading all of them, but I’ve got quite a backlog right now. It’s only going to get worse tomorrow, the madness continues when our Amazon order arrives. Yes, I’ve been going book crazy…