I did quite a bit of book shopping while on vacation in Seattle last week. Unfortunately I won’t be able to post a picture of the stack of books I bought as I don’t have them right now. We left them with my parents to ship to us because if we had carried them in our suitcase we would have exceeded the weight limit. But I can list them here, so I will.
At Half Price Books I could only find one book that I felt was a good deal and that was:
- The Zero by Jess Walters
I had some money left to spend after only purchasing that one book so I made a trip to Barnes & Noble where I picked up:
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (which I completed yesterday)
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (fresh out in paperback)
- What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman (found on the bargain rack)
After my trip to Barnes & Noble my mom told me about a independent bookstore in Tacoma for which she had a gift certificate she would give me. So of course I had to go there as well. The book store is called King’s Books. And there I purchased used copies of:
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (I never realized that this comes in an abridged and a 1300 page unabridged version, I bought the abridged version which is the one I have read.)
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow
- Set This House in Order by Matt Ruff
- and I’m pretty sure there was something else but I can’t remember what…
I also borrowed some books from my younger sister:
My bookshelf is feeling the strain, or will be shortly when these arrive.